Thursday, January 29, 2009

Avening Gravestone


Sacred to the memory of
Daniel Harvey, Yeoman
of this parish
who died February 7, 1849
Aged 61 years

While searching for Peter LeChevalier's (died 1806) grave, I found this one, very well preserved. I took a picture of it because I knew that Peter LeChevalier's daughter Anne (b. 1773) had married a Harvey. (She married David Harvey, not Daniel.)

I recently revived my interest in this gravestone. So I did some research on FamilySearch.org to try to find Daniel's parents, spouse, and children. I found a Daniel Harvey, christened 28 Sep 1788 in Avening with only his mother Hester Harvey listed. His baptism and endowment was done through the Extraction program, but he was not sealed to his parents because in that particular record, only his mother was listed.

But I did find that Daniel Harvey's death in 1849 was registered and so today I sent for his death certificate from England.

No comments: